There are tons of gaming chairs on the market, but how does a person figure out how much is worth paying for one?
The range of prices available for gaming chairs is large. Some are less expensive and minimalistic, while some run up into thousands of dollars with all the bells and whistles.
There are many gaming chairs available, so it can be difficult to figure out the right one for your budget. Keep reading to learn more about the cost of gaming chairs and how you can pick a good one that won’t put too much of a dent in your wallet.
Average Cost of a Gaming Chair
It is hard to give an average cost on gaming chairs because the range of prices and chair types is wide. Some more inexpensive gaming chairs are barely indistinguishable from office chairs and have the price tags to match. Others are massive setups specific to racing or other kinetic input chairs that cost thousands of dollars.
The average cost of a gaming chair is typically between three hundred and four hundred dollars. Spending less will give you a chair that you can use but may not have the quality construction material or accessories of a more expensive chair while spending more than the average can grant extra chair amenities such as cup holders and extra padding.
The range of costs in gaming chairs is also determined by the different chairs and how people use them. Some gamers sit on the floor and play video games on a console entertainment center, making simple rocker-style gaming chairs a good choice for them, while PC gamers need a taller chair that can fit comfortably at a computer desk.
Factors That Influence the Cost of a Gaming Chair
Generally, the cost of a gaming chair reflects the quality of the chair. How much you are willing to spend will depend on how long-lasting you’d like your chair to be, the features you want, how much comfort matters to you, and more.
There are a few different factors that influence what a gaming chair will ultimately cost, such as:
- Materials: Gaming chairs made out of high-quality materials such as leather or memory foam will naturally be more expensive than those made out of fabric and conventional foam padding. Higher-quality materials also tend to be more durable than lower-quality materials. This makes them a good choice for gaming chairs since they see so much repetitive use for hours at a time. As a result, gaming chairs need to be built out of durable materials and made to last.
- Accessories: The more gaming accessories a chair has, such as armrests, back cushions, Bluetooth audio systems, and laptop stands, the more expensive the chair will typically be. The simpler the design of the gaming chair, the less expensive the chair.
- Brand: Getting a chair from a well-known brand name such as SecretLab Omega or Noblechairs means that you’ll usually end up with a high-quality chair, but you’re going to end up paying a premium price for the reputation you’re buying with it. Less expensive, generic gaming chairs can be purchased from overseas producers, but these chairs are usually less durable than branded products and can be more difficult to warranty if you run into difficulty.
Many factors can determine the cost of a gaming chair, but no matter how much money you spend on your chair, you’re likely to get what you’re willing to pay for.
It usually isn’t worth saving money on an inexpensive chair that will break down after only a few months of use versus splurging on a more expensive one that will last for years.
Reasons to Get a Good Gaming Chair
So, why spend the money to buy a good gaming chair? Anyone who plays video games knows how often and how long gamers use their chair. Because the chairs are used so frequently, it’s essential to invest in your comfort.
Here are a few reasons why you might consider investing in a new gaming chair (Source: Apartment Therapy):
- Increased lumbar and pelvic support: Good gaming chairs may be a bit expensive, but they are designed with ergonomics in mind to prevent pain in the back, hips, and legs from prolonged time sitting in the chair. This can not only make gaming more comfortable, but it can also prevent sciatica and other nerve damage associated with prolonged sitting.
- Less fatigue: Gaming chairs built with ergonomics in mind can lead to less fatigue, allowing for longer gaming sessions sitting comfortably in front of your PC or console. (Note: Gamers should be sure to get up and move around at least ten to fifteen minutes for every hour of play to prevent “gamer’s thrombosis,” a dangerous medical condition where a blood clot from prolonged sitting can lead to embolism and death.)
- (Source: Live Science)
If you’re comfortable while gaming, you’re bound to enjoy your games much more than if you’re constantly squirming around looking for a good position. That is reason enough to look at getting a good gaming chair for your setup.
Features to Look For in a Gaming Chair
When seeking out a gaming chair, there are several features and accessories that you can get built-in to your chair to make your gaming experiences more entertaining.
Here are some of the things you should look for when you’re shopping for a gaming chair:
- Reclining adjustment
- Stable base
- Adjustable armrests
- Adjustable chair height
- Sturdy frames
- Compatibility with electronic devices
- Bluetooth capability
There are many different gaming chairs on the market that offer up these features along with several others. Here are a few of the best gaming chairs you can find on the market:
- Hbada Racing Style Gaming Chair
- Homall Gaming Chair
- Verona Pro 2 Racing Style Gaming Chair
- GTR Racing Simulator
- AKRacing Master Series Max Gaming Chair
- Corsair T3 Rush Gaming Chair
- Arozzi Vernazza Series Super Premium Gaming Chair
No matter what style of gaming chair you’re looking for, you’re bound to find something out there that you’ll fall in love with if you do enough comparison shopping. You shouldn’t just look at prices, though—features and amenities should be a factor, too.
How Are Gaming Chairs and Office Chairs Different?
Many types of gaming chairs are designed in a similar style to office chairs, but these two types of chairs are designed for different activities. Gamers often have to move around more than office workers do and tend to be stationed in one position for longer periods.
These are some of the ways that a gaming chair differs in design from an office chair (Source: Ergonomic Trends):
- Gaming chairs tend to have a winged backrest, while office chairs are usually wingless in design.
- Gaming chairs tend to have raised sides on the seat while office chairs usually feature a waterfall design in the seat cushion.
- Gaming chairs often come with detachable pillows for added lumbar support, while office chairs usually do not.
- Gaming chairs have more audio controls than most office chairs.
- Gaming chairs are usually more expensive than office chairs (though gaming chairs on the less expensive end of the spectrum are comparable in price).
Gaming chairs may be a bit pricier than office chairs, but they offer several advantages in exchange for that added cost. These differences make gaming chairs more comfortable to sit in for long gaming nights. They also cater to more sitting positions and auxiliary functions than the typical office chair does.
Gaming Chairs Are a Good Investment
If you spend a lot of time playing games in front of a monitor or console, you’ll want to spend the money on a chair that will increase your enjoyment of your hobby while also preventing back injuries and discomfort after extended gaming sessions. The cost of sitting in a bad chair may not be apparent for years, but the effects can last a lifetime.
Now, if you want to know how much a modern gaming setup costs (including table, chair, mousepad, mouse, PC, and co.) check out this article.
1. What are the benefits of investing in a good gaming chair?
good chair offers several benefits that can enhance your gaming experience and promote your overall well-being. These chairs provide increased lumbar and pelvic support, reducing the risk of back pain, hip discomfort, and leg fatigue caused by prolonged sitting.
They are ergonomically designed that is especially effective at preventing conditions like sciatica and nerve damage.
2. How do these chairs differ from office ones?
Gaming chairs typically feature a winged backrest, raised sides on the seat, and detachable pillows for added lumbar support. These design elements aim to provide better support and comfort during long gaming sessions. In contrast, office chairs usually have wingless backrests, a waterfall seat cushion design, and lack detachable lumbar support pillows.
3. Can these chairs help prevent fatigue and improve focus during gaming sessions?
Yes, gaming chairs designed for comfort and support can help reduce fatigue and enhance focus while gaming. They allow you to stay engaged in your gameplay for longer periods.
4. How do gaming chairs promote better blood circulation?
They have features like adjustable height, armrests, and reclining mechanisms that promote better blood circulation. Proper seat height ensures that your feet are flat on the ground, allowing for unrestricted blood flow to your lower extremities.
Adjustable armrests enable you to position your arms comfortably, preventing compression of blood vessels. Additionally, reclining features can enhance blood flow by shifting your body’s weight distribution and reducing pressure on certain areas, such as the lower back and hips.