In the ever-evolving world of gaming, boundaries are constantly being pushed, and new frontiers are being explored. One such frontier is the ability to remote play your PlayStation 5 (PS5) games on the Steam Deck using a fantastic application called Chiaki.
This guide will walk you through the process, making it as simple as possible for you to enjoy your favorite PS5 games on your Steam Deck.
Step 1: Unearthing Your PlayStation Account ID
Before we dive into the world of remote play, the first thing you need to do is retrieve your PlayStation Account ID. This is not the same as your PlayStation Network (PSN) ID. It’s a unique set of numbers that we need to convert to base64. Here’s how you can do it:
- Visit the website https://psn.flipscreen.games/.
- Enter your PSN ID.
- Copy the Encoded ID that the website returns.
With your Encoded ID in hand, you’re ready to move on to the next step.
Step 2: The Chiaki Installation Process on Your Steam Deck
Now that you have your PlayStation Account ID, it’s time to install Chiaki on your Steam Deck. Chiaki is a free and open Remote Play client that, although not certified by Sony, works incredibly well and is compatible with the Steam Deck. Here’s how to install it:
- Switch to Desktop Steam Deck mode.
- Go to Products (the SteamOS app store) and search for the Chiaki app.
- Once you find it, install it.
With Chiaki installed, you’re ready to add PS4 and PS5 Remote Play to your Steam Deck.
Step 3: Integrating PS4 and PS5 Remote Play into Your Steam Deck Gaming Experience
Having installed Chiaki, the next step is to add PS4 and PS5 Remote Play to the Steam Deck Gaming Mode. This will allow you to run Chiaki directly from Gaming Mode without any issues. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Steam from the desktop version.
- Click on “Add a new product.”
- Select “Add a non-Steam product.”
- In the list of installed programs, find Chiaki and select it.
- Click on the “Add selected” button.
With this, Chiaki will appear in your Steam library, and you can run it directly from Gaming Mode.
Step 4: Initiating Remote Play on Your PS5/PS4 Using Your Steam Deck
Now that everything is set up, it’s time to start Remote Play on your PS5/PS4 using your Steam Deck. Here’s how to do it:
- Turn on your PS5 and ensure you have Remote Play enabled.
- Open Chiaki on your Steam Deck.
- Select the console that appears in Chiaki.
- Enter the Encoded ID you obtained earlier and the PIN generated in the settings of your PS5 system.
- Press the register button for the application to correctly register your PS5.
- Double-click on the console icon and a new window will begin to broadcast the audio and video from your console directly to your Steam Deck.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
In this section, we’ll address some common questions that may arise during the process of setting up Remote Play on your PS5 via Steam Deck using Chiaki.
2. Is Chiaki certified by Sony?
No, Chiaki is not certified by Sony. It is a third-party application developed by the open-source community. However, it is safe to use and has been tested by many users without any reported issues.
3. Is there a risk of getting banned from using Chiaki?
As of now, there have been no reports of users getting banned for using Chiaki. However, as it is not an official Sony application, use it at your own risk.
4. Can I use Chiaki if my PS5 is not on the same network as my Steam Deck?
Yes, you can use Chiaki to connect to your PS5 from a different network. However, for the best performance, it is recommended to have both devices on the same network.
In conclusion, the ability to remote play your PS5 games on the Steam Deck using Chiaki opens up a whole new world of possibilities for gamers. Whether you’re at home, on a break at work, or on a long journey, you can now enjoy your favorite PS5 games on your Steam Deck.
Remember, while Chiaki is not an official Sony application, it has been tested and used by many gamers without any reported issues. However, as with any third-party application, use it at your own risk.
With this guide, you should now be able to set up and enjoy remote play on your PS5 via your Steam Deck. Happy gaming!